Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Thursday 22 March 2007

A visit to Bodegas Gonzalez Byass, Jerez de la Frontera

Last evening I visited one of the places I have wanted to visit for YEARS, the Bodegas of the Gonzalez Byass sherry company. I am an avid sherry drinker and of all the styles of sherry I prefer Fino, of which this company's 'Tio Pepe' is one of the best and it is certainly one of the most widely known. Although I tend to drink Fino most often I also like Oloroso and Amontillado sherries, at least the 'dry' or 'medium dry' versions. I am not specially fond of 'sweet' sherries, although some of the special blends of Gonzalez Byass's sweeter sherries are very fine. A sherry tasting accompanied by tapas rounded off the visit very nicely. Naturally I acquired a few samples of the products the company makes in the lavishly-appointed on-site shop after the visit!




Bodegas Gonazalez Byass, Jerez de la Frontera - 21 MAR 2007
A small part of the 'Tio Pepe' bodegas


Yours truly in the Bodegas 'La Concha'

Barrels maturing in the Gonazalez Byass 'Tio Pepe' (fino) bodegas

Click here to see larger images.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.